We provide emergency one-off grants to vulnerable, older people who are in genuine immediate need and living within the greater Bristol area.
The grants are intended to help older people live independently in their own homes for as long as possible. They also support essential household repairs and adaptations to make homes more accessible and safe.
Typical requests that we would consider for grants are:
- home repairs and adaptations
- mobility aids
- boiler/heating system repairs or replacement
- essential appliances ie cookers, washing machines, fridges/freezers
- carpets and flooring (Temporary notice dated 11/1/21- our carpet supplier is not currently operating because of Covid 19 restrictions – please do not apply until this notice is removed )
- essential household furniture
Please note that The Anchor Society does not currently give grants towards the following requests:
- general living expenses
- to pay off debts or outstanding bills,
- to cover moving costs or travel expenses
- holidays or respite breaks
- insurance costs
- funeral costs
- crockery & kitchen utensils
To request a grant, click the button below and you will be directed to our grant request form.
We aim to make the application process as simple and quick as possible and in many cases can give a response within a couple of days.
If you have any queries regarding the eligibility of the request: email@example.com
Sometimes the amount needed to support someone to stay in their home is beyond our capacity to give a grant. Examples include extensive roof work or substantial repairs such as damp proofing.
The Anchor Society now gives low cost loans, typically up to £30,000 towards these substantial repairs.
Anchor works in partnership with West of England Care and Repair. If you or someone you know is interested in a loan please contact West of England Care and Repair.
Please note that this service is available to homeowners only.