We provide emergency one-off grants to vulnerable, older people who are in genuine immediate need and living within the greater Bristol area.
The grants are intended to help older people live independently in their own homes for as long as possible. They also support essential household repairs and adaptations to make homes more accessible and safe.
Please see our grants leaflet here for more details
Typical requests that we would consider for grants are:
- home repairs and adaptations
- mobility aids
- boiler/heating system repairs or replacement (a joint project with St Monica Trust)
- essential appliances ie cookers, washing machines, fridges/freezers
- carpets and flooring
- essential household furniture
Please note that The Anchor Society does not currently give grants towards the following requests:
- general living expenses
- to pay off debts or outstanding bills,
- to cover moving costs or travel expenses
- holidays or respite breaks
- insurance costs
- funeral costs
- crockery & kitchen utensils
To request a grant, click the button below and you will be directed to our grant request form.
Our Grant Partners – we are grateful to the John James Foundation Bristol and St Monica Trust Bristol who partner us in our grant programme. Read here about their involvement.
We aim to make the application process as simple and quick as possible and in many cases can give a response within a couple of days.
If you have any queries regarding the eligibility of the request please contact our Grants Officer, Catherine Watts: firstname.lastname@example.org